Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Age is just a state of mind


I have gotten myself into a situation where I am much older than the people I will be spending the month of July with. Because I don’t really know them at all I’ve found myself not telling stories or omitting details, like how long I’ve done something because I don’t want to give myself away. Today one of them was surprised that I had seen a kind of corny movie that she liked. What I didn’t tell her was that I saw it during it’s first release in the theater. I don’t feel (much) older than I was 10 or 15 years ago, but I know that my experience is making me much wiser.

Just how old is she?
The world may never know!

3 comments:

Brad said...

Similar story but the other way round here - I was talking about old PBS shows with some people at work. Several used to work at PBS stations around the country, and one said to me "I guess you worked the afternoon shift too."

"No, I was at home watching it."

Whoops!

Brad said...

Oh, and I remember seeing that particular film at the Fox.

Unknown said...

Not many things could convince me to ever go through my 20's again..., but my 30's, now that is a different story.

PS - You've now hit the big time, you've been added to my Google homepage!